A lot can happen in a year.
We celebrated with Jonathan on his special day by going out for dinner. The kids had so much fun and Jonathan did too. It has been crazy around here so instead of opening gifts, we went shopping and let Jonathan pick out his very own. I knew he wanted some cologne and he picked out "Curve". He said it was his very first scent. Deep down, I bet it makes him feel younger too. :) The finale was his favorite Homemade German Chocolate cake. YUM!
Over the weekend, Chase adopted a new pet named "Stormy." Stormy is a black salamander with yellow spots. Our neighbor found it in his window drain about a month ago when we had a really bad storm. I think he was getting tired of taking care of it and Chase was more than happy to take it off his hands. Wow! or should I say Yuck! Mud is one thing, but slimy, muddy hands are another. I was so relieved when Jonathan and Chase researched what it would entail to take care of it and decided it was a little high maintenance. It didn't take too much to convince Chase that a Gecko would be a lot more fun and (less slimy). Needless to say, the poor inmate, who had suffered much trauma at the hands of his capturers was finally released to the great outdoors. He will hold a special place in Chase's tender heart. He sure loved that little, slimy, poisonous looking thing.
Our Backyard has taken on a real face lift as of Saturday when some good men from our church family and their sons came to help Jonathan chop down several dead trees. Sophia and Kian were a little bit distraught that their forest was disappearing right before their eyes. It was a little sad to see the trees go, but it had to happen. Last year's drought took a real toll on them and they were diseased and dead. We felt we had our own little world in the neighborhood and now we are completely exposed. :) No more running through the house naked. :) Just kidding, but I do need to get some window treatments for the dining room. (Did you notice Jonathan's handiwork?) It's beautiful and we love it.
Mother's Day was a hit this year. I told Jonathan all I wanted was to sleep in for a little bit. I was so excited the next morning to find that he had locked the doors to my room and told the kids to let me sleep. Sleep is a Gift I treasure more and more as a Mom. :) ...the plot thickens...
Before breakfast, Jonathan and Chase brought out a special crown for me to wear. I was a good sport and wore it all morning. After I was ready for church and just about to leave, Jonathan and Chase were a little upset that I was not wearing the crown. I thought Jonathan was really kidding me and I kept setting it aside. Chase was adamant and after a while, I got the hint that Jonathan wasn't kidding either. What's a Mom to do? I wore it and I told them that I expected to be treated like a Queen all day or I would take it off. It was a grand adventure for me wearing it to church. I don't know how I got through the three hour block without caving. Some commented on how cute it was, others seemed to avoid eye contact with me, and I know for a fact the 3 and 4 year olds were jealous!
Ok, on to the next adventure.
I've seen a lot of things take place in my back yard; like kids swinging from trees, pretend Geckos jumping from branch to branch, cheetahs and leopards prowling around. I even seen little people squatting in the forest to go to the bathroom because they don't want to come inside (I won't list any names) :) (hopefully, now that the forest is gone that will come to an end)....but yesterday I looked out and just smiled as Chase serenaded his siblings while they played. We listen to primary songs in the car and his absolute favorite right now is a Child's Prayer. He asks me to play it over and over. It is truly beautiful. It gives me hope...because I do know that Heavenly Father hears Chase's prayers and that He will help him through the difficult challenges he is facing.
Yes, a lot can happen in a year and I'm so grateful for all that we have experienced together.
Love you Jonathan!
| Birthday Kisses for Daddy's baby girl |
| Love them.... |
![]() |
| Chase and Stormy |
![]() |
| Chase completed his first tumbling class with GOLD Stars. He will be moving on to Pre Team Tumbling this summer. He loved his teacher Miss Savanah. It was such an amazing experience for him! |
| The crown |
| I don't know how Chase got up that tree holding his guitar, but the kid never ceases to amaze me. |


No comments:
Post a Comment