I can't remember the last time I sweated bullets like this.
I promised the kids all week they could bring out the lemonade stand our neighbor let us borrow. They were so excited. So while they patiently waited for customers I got out my rake and started to work on the neighbors lawn. The yard work is never ending around here and with our past storm it's so wonderful to see how people have come together to help each other out. We couldn't have done it without these wonderful new neighbors of ours and their handy tools. :)
Since the storm, we have had several clean up sessions. The first was to get the tree of the roof, thank you Jonathan and Chris. Second, we trimmed the broken tree branches and separated the kindling and the bigger pieces of wood (Thank you Brother and Sister Sharp). We raked and raked lots of leaves and bagged all the excess. We bundled up sections of limbs to take to the dump and then today we stacked some of the nicely cut logs for firewood. We are truly grateful for the kindness of neighbors and their hard work in our behalf. We are learning a great deal about being homeowners...you need lots of tools and can always expect to be repairing something. :)
1 comment:
Doesn't seem to matter how old or new your home is, there is always something that needs to be fixed! That Kool-Aid looks yummy!
Post a Comment