"Joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving and the voice of melody." Book of Mormon p. 70
Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Family Fun!
"The Family that Plays together, stays together"
I think there is a lot of truth and wisdom in this saying.
Crazy how life can happen so fast, and at least for us, our family has come together in lightning speed. :) In the last 7 years we have made a lot of memories, but Jonathan and I both agreed recently that we are going to have more FUN! Yeah for all of us! And one of our goals has been to do more TOGETHER outside. So we are taking up bike riding...
Instead of waiting for birthdays or a special occasion to splurge on something for our kids, we did something we have never done....we went out and bought brand new bikes for Kaidence and Chase. They were sooo excited and I have to admit, I might have been more excited than they were. :) The bikes are practical, and big enough to grow into, at least for a couple of years, and then they'll be perfect for Sophia and Kian. (Gotta love hand me downs).
Tonight was our first family ride together, though Sophia, Kian and I were left in the dust strolling along behind Jonathan, Kaidence and Chase. I LOVE my double stroller, in fact, my whole life seriously revolves around it....so I was perfectly happy to have my four little wheels to get a long with, though they are not quite as fast. Someday, I'll upgrade to a bike with a trailer behind, but all things in their time. Here's a peak at what our evening entailed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like fun! You have such a great little family.
That is an exciting time for the kids to get new bikes! Have fun enjoying the outdoors more on your bikes!
What a fun time. We have really enjoyed our bikes this summer and I can't wait for you to get a bike trailer...it's even better than a stroller :)
What a great idea. Overshawdowing exercise with togetherness is never a bad idea!
Post a Comment