
Who doesn't love a lake of water? That is until you find one in your house. :)
I can smile a little now that our home is somewhat back to normal and the fact that Home Depot just delivered a new washing machine today has made it even brighter.
It happened on a peaceful Wednesdayafternoon (10 Days ago). I had put a load of laundry in the washer and went upstairs to take a little cat nap with my baby. Kaidence was occupied downstairs but kept coming in to check on me. I was adament about her letting me sleep for just a few more minutes and luckily it was a restless nap because I gave up and came down stairs.
At first sight, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Why does our tile look like glassy water? WHOA....it IS WATER? AND then I frantically splashed my way towards the washing machine hoping I wouldn't be electricuted or something (crazy the things you think of). The water was roaring over the side and I quickly turned it off and waded back over to Kaidence who was trying to occupy herself watching a cartoon. "Didn't you see the water Kaidence?" I asked. "Yes, but I didn't want to wake you up." (I guess I was a little TOO adament about her not waking me up)> "Kaidence, this is a true emergency, you should have said something." ....This is when I went into frantic mode.....I called Roto Rooter....they dispatched a plumber immediately to check out the plumbing. I thought he was going to get the water out....ooops. I guess not. He didn't charge me and luckily referred me to another company...they have specialists here for everything. After several hours and a dear friend who watched Kaidence and Chase for me (they loved the idea of having a lake at their disposal). I managed to keep Sophi and Kian entertained. A few days of industrial fans blowing dust all over the place seemed to clear up the problem and dry out the floors and baseboards. We are so grateful it was tile.
Day 3,
The cleaning crew came back to clean and sanitize our floors and rugs. We opted to have them clean the carpets upstairs and the rest of the house too. So, I guess the positive sides to the issue are we have cleaner floors than we've ever seen and a well dusted home. And thanks to an emergency fund we were able to pay for it in cash and not dip into our savings. We were also happy to learn that our landlord was willing to take responsibility for some of the bill since it was not our appliance. Yeah!
Day 10
I've never been happier to wash clothes, and that's a good thing, because I have a lot of laundry calling my name.

(
Jonathan stopped by after his dentist appointment to find me and all this water, lucky for him, he was able to escape for a night shift at the ER).
4 comments:
Congratulations on the new washer! However, I am sorry about the mess it took to get it. It's never good when your floor is covered in water.
O'my Mindi i am glad no major damage was done.
That is quite some drama you had for a day! And i had to laugh about Kaidence not mentioning anything about the water on the floor! My kids would probably do the same thing, they know if they wake me up from a nap they get a grumpy mama bear :)
Kian is so adorable!
Love the updates on Kian and Sophi.
Gosh...you are such a trooper with the washing machine mess. So much nicer to look back on now!
Our house has flooded 3 times since we've been down here Mindi! Just be glad that you rent and don't own, because it gets annoying having to shell out the money to fix things over and over!
Post a Comment