Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Sunday, April 25, 2010

He's Here!

For a while, we wondered if our baby boy would ever decide to come, but when he did, boy was he in a hurry to get here.
Last Sunday night I started having contractions at around 11 p.m. By midnight they were about 3 minutes apart and we made a quick drive to the hospital. It was one of those, stop and brace yourself every few minutes, kind of experiences as we walked through the ER and on to labor and delivery. I knew this was true labor and I started to question whether I not I wanted to go through with it (Like I had a choice right?) I started to panic just a little when the nurse said I needed to have my IV in for about 4 hours before she would do anything to help labor progress (I needed 2 doses of antibiotic because of the Strep B). I thought, THERE IS NO WAY THIS BABY OR I AM WAITING FOR 4 HOURS and, I didn't need any help to get labor to progress. I went through the motions of signing a few papers as I clung to a body ball in the Labor room. Around 1 a.m. I told Jonathan it was time. The nurse checked me and made a quick call to the doctor. She said he'd be there in 15 minutes. I held on to every contraction as Jonathan and my sweet nurse coached me along. You know, it's funny to laugh at that wierd breathing technique, HEE..HEE...HOO, but I found it extremely helpful under what seemed like unbearable pain. Jonathan kept reminding me that soon I would be holding our sweet baby. IT WAS WORTH IT! Kian Thomas Wilford arrived on April 19th, at 2:13 a.m with lots of Black hair and the most endearing sweet face. I couldn't have been happier or relieved to welcome our son.
He weighed in at 7 lbs, 5 oz, and 19 inches.
Now, we are settled in at home and I am trying to find a balance between 4 little ones. (Is there one?) It's kind of like (put out the fire that needs you most) and carry on. :) :)
One thing is for sure, we are in love with our little Kian and I'm doing everything I can to keep him from smothering in love, hugs, and kisses. He spends a great deal of the day locked upstairs in my bedroom and many times, I find the two of us locked in there together while the others pound on the door. :) :) I'm sure we will all survive.
I've had 2 hair-raising experiences already. Both involving Chase (who'd have thought :)
One was when I left Kian on the couch to grab something in the garage. The kids were all up stairs, but Chase made it to him before I got back and picked him up off the couch. I scolded Chase for breaking one of the rules and he quickly informed me that I had left Kian without his "Safe Side Adult." Chase had come to rescue little Kian, or so he thought. :) Next day, Chase decided to pick Kian up out of the play pen because he was crying. I was nearby, but yelling "NO" did not convince him. Chase is a protector, I just need to teach him a few different stategies. Kaidence and Chase fight over who gets to hold him and it is pretty sweet to watch them sing to him and tell him how cute he is. Chase told me this morning, "Mom, he's lots of cute."
Here are a few pictures of our first moments and days together.
Love is an amazing thing. It can heal, transform, renew, strengthen, and make the world go round. There's no way to describe it and no bounds or limits to it.
Jonathan is allergic to real flowers so with the help of "Michaels" he created this beautiful arrangement for me. I love it. He has also given me a "Willow Tree" figurine after the birth of each child and enjoys building a bear for the baby with help from the kids. It's a beautiful and thoughtful tradition.

7 comments:

Maren said...

Congratulations, Wilfords! What a wonderful addition to your family.

Teddy said...

He sure is lots of cute! That Chase! I love his mischevious little face :-) Good luck with the balancing act, if anyone can do it, it's my sweet friend Mindi!

Heather S. said...

I've learned that with four, take care of the ones who will remember it first. Babies can cry a little bit and still be fine. The older ones will remember and resent the baby if you don't give them time too. You can do it, you're an awesome mom!

Staci Rocha said...

Congrats! He is darling!

Thanks for the update and i wish you the best, you truly are amazing!!!!!!!

Nanette said...

Congratulations! He is so cute! My stake president once said that there is no such thing as a balanced life and all you can do is to prayerfully choose the way you prioritize. You will do great! As far as your adorable husband, I love the traditions he has set. Maybe, when the time comes he can have a talk with my husband.

Nanette said...

By the way, what's your beauty secret for looking gorgeous right after delivery? I think everyone woul like to know.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nanette. LOL! I showed Eloy your post and commented on how sweet it is that Jonathan does so many Romantic and sentimental things! :) I don't think he got the hint! LOL!
I love the pictures. I can't wait to hold Kian!