Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Grateful!

Today marks 38 weeks with our baby boy. (Those of you who know me best, have probably heard me complain a little about having contractions and wondering when this baby is going to decide to come). Anxious, excited, uncomfortable, restless, overwhelmed, irritated, undecided....so many of these words describe how I've been feeling. BUT, finally today, gratitude made its way into my heart. It came to me during a walk home from the park with Kaidence and Chase. As we strolled Sophia along the path and I watched the kids pick some flowers and breathed in some fresh air, blue sky, and sunshine...I realized just how much I have to be grateful for.
It seems so trite, but really...it gave me the strength and perspective I need. I have had a wonderful pregnancy. Life is a blessing, and I'm excited for the opportunity that awaits this little one. I've been so blessed by the love and support of family and friends. Phone calls, thoughtful encouragment and help from friends and church family.
Blessed, is the only way to describe it.
I'm going to work on looking for rays of sunshine and enjoying them today, instead of wishing for what tomorrow may bring. How come this is such a hard lesson and one I have to keep relearning?
Elder Worthlin said "Come what may, and love it" What a wonderful attitude to have.
So come what may little one, I'm grateful for this journey and will wait to welcome you when you are ready.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Mindi you are awesome. I don't know that I've ever seen you not be grateful and up-beat. I just ran into this quote the other day and it reminds me of what you are saying.

"When you live in the past with regrets, God is not there. His name is not 'I WAS'. When you live in the future with all your fears, God is not there. His name is not 'I WILL BE'. You will find him in the present because he is the great 'I AM'."

I wish you the very best. By the way, I love the picture you attached to your post!

Staci Rocha said...

Well written Mindi!

So many emotions in waiting for the birth of a little one.

I wish you the best! and look forward to seeing pictures of your little guy. Do you have a name picked out for him?

Take care and i am so happy for you!

Love ya,
Staci

Teddy said...

I'm so happy for you and this new little one coming to your family. We are praying for you Dad, please know that we are willing to do anything you need at this time in your life (((hugs)))