Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Live your Dreams...

The last few weeks have certainly been filled with joy, definatley choas, and sometimes an overwhelming feeling of responsibility for these little ones surrounding me. I've had moments when I've wondered "what have I gotten myself into?" and other times when I just stare and try to capture the looks on my children's faces and hope I never forget what a day at home is like with them being so little. Motherhood is truly a rollercoaster of emotions and sometimes all it takes is a good cry to get me back on my feet again. This morning, it hit me...I've wanted this all my life and that doesn't mean it is going to be easy. I have always believed that the things we work the hardest for in life better be the most important. For several years, Jonathan and I have been accomplishing two dreams, medical school and a family. Some have looked at us like we were nuts. Someone even had the nerve to suggest that we get a pet instead of having more children because it would be so much easier. But, the truth of the matter is, I wouldn't trade this for anything, hard as it may be at times...I know it is worth it. I've had several things in mind that I have wanted to post, but for lack of time I think I'll just leave it with this theme....Sometimes a person can get caught up into thinking that dreams come true when he/she gets a driver's license, graduates from college, starts a business, pays off student loans, gets married, has children, buys a house, goes on vacation, etc. etc., only to realize that the best part of the dream was all the hard work, sweat, and tears you earned in the midst of it's fullfillment. Here are a few pictures of the dream I'm living today...

5 comments:

Teddy said...

It's a beautiful dream you are living!

Staci Rocha said...

Happy Mother's Day Mindi! Life is sweet, thank you for sharing your thoughts it is so inspiring! Your little ones are so precious!

Love you!

Nanette said...

Is it me, or did Sophia grow into a little lady when Kian arrived? She just looks so grown up.

Mindi, I think you are amazing! It is moments like these that strengthen my testimony of the Gospel. Our Heavenly Father really does know what is most important. And, when we do these things, we find our greatest happiness, no matter what the world has to say.

wilfordfamily2003 said...

Thank you dear friends. Your encouragement is pricless. I love each and every one of you!

Maren said...

You are a great mother, Mindi. I look up to you so much. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the life we've always wanted. Your kids are so precious.