I love Sundays....a day of worship....a day of rest....a day for family.
Sunday is a different day from all the rest, and we try to make it extra-special.
Jonathan and I stay in our church clothes, we keep the TV turned off, we read the scriptures, we read talks together from the Ensign, we sometimes take walks with the kids, and we listen to our favorite church music. We look forward to naps, and we enjoy a nice dinner together (often we invite friends over to eat) and in the evening we enjoy sitting around playing games with the kids. It is a wonderful time that we each look forward to. Since our marriage, Jonathan has never studied on Sunday. It's the one day that we can really talk, plan the week, discuss what we would like to do better, and just be together. I'm so grateful for this special time. Something someone once said has always stood out to me. It goes something like this....
"Our Grandfathers called it The Holy Sabbath
Our Fathers called it the Sabbath Day
We call it Sunday
Our Children call it the Weekend...."
Some may think us old fashioned, but we believe in The Holy Sabbath Day.
A Time to Remember, A Time to Reflect, and a Time to Renew.
Here are some pictures and a video from our Day.
Soon Sophia will be crawling.
She is in such a hurry to keep up with Kaidence and Chase.

My "mini Me"

Happy Father's Day Daddy... We celebrated a few weeks early.

WE gave Daddy a drill (so I thought) I guess it is really just a fancy Craftsman screw driver.
Oh Well! Daddy thought it was cool and appreciated all I went through to pick it up at K-Mart...
....something like a runnaway child...."Code Adam".... paying full price for an item I thought was on sale, poor customer service, frustrated children, a fly away receipt, and a frazzled mother...

The Real delight of the evening was this Fancy HOME MADE German Chocolate Cake.
A special tradition for extra-special people.
It was a work of love and I'm so glad it turned out.
It was a memorable, beautiful, Sabbath/Father's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment