"Joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving and the voice of melody." Book of Mormon p. 70
Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003
Thursday, May 21, 2009
It's a Snake!
Ok! So this is a weird title for a blog entry, but I knew it would create some type of anticipation!
From the trenches of motherhood yesterday....I found myself revived by a simple statement Chase made today. "Look Mommy! I'm going poop in the potty!" Then Chase went on to exclaim it was a snake. Never, in my whole life was I sooooooooooooo thrilled to see a snake in my toilet. I tell you. How in the world my mother and other mothers survived on cloth diapers is beyond me. For the last few days, I've had more hands on experience with "poop" than I like to admit. I've literally been face to face with the toilet bowl flushing, flushing, and flushing underware until they were suitable to throw into a bucket of vinegar water and shoved in the garage for a day to soak. I admit there were a couple of times when I wanted to throw them into the trash and not give them a second look. Maybe I'm becoming more thrifty, because with Kaidence, I know I threw a few brand new ones away. I guess I'm getting tougher too. Even though they are hand-me down training underware, I just didn't want to put out more money to buy pull-ups. It has been a real learning experience for me. A few highlights from this past week (to look back at I mean) was a surprised look on Chase's face when to his horror (or should I say my horror) he had put his shorts on --minus the underware and did his duty, thinking that something would catch it and it ended up in little piles on the carpeted floor. Not cool! Then when I tried to get his shorts off of him, he decided he would have nothing to do with me and we had a wrestling match right there in the bathroom. I was furiously cleaning poop off the wall, the bathtub and the toilet, his legs, his feet, and....I had just mopped. (I knew I had it coming.) Is it just me, or do kids spill more or create more messes right after you mop? Not cool! There's also something to be said for the new found freedom (boys) enjoy when they realize they have a water gun attached to them. I found this out last night when I heard Kaidence yelling that Chase had peed on her shirt. :) :) Joy, joy, joy! I'm in for it now. I'm sure the Best is Yet to Come. But, all in all, I'm confident I will not be buying diapers (Size 6) that is for a long time. Go Chase. I'm so proud of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You Go Mindi!!! My hat is off to you. I am still battling this battle with Luke. I think I have tried everything- everything except just letting him run free. Maybe that's what it will take.
Thanks for your posts. It's fun to read what you are up to.
You are my Hero Dear. All I can say is I'm glad it is you dealing with all this and not me. I don't think I could handle it. I love you, thanks for all that you do!!
No small feet there! Congratulations! I love that Kaidence is the little cheerleader too.
I'm still laughing a little. How fun is mommyhood?
And I do agree that there is always more mess right after mopping, but I think husbands contribute to this as much as kids!
Post a Comment