Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Milestones

Sophia is now 3 months and 1 week old and starting to roll over. (She prefers not to be on her tummy for very long.) :) She is becoming our smiley little girl. Kaidence and Chase still love to smother her in hugs and kisses and she is surving it pretty well. I love her "baby talk" and the way she opens her eyes SOOO BIG AND BRIGHT. She is so much fun. I just love babies. I'm becoming more independent with my threesome and even ventured to a new park this week that wasn't fensed in. No one ran away from me and we all made it home safe and sound, except for a few bumps and scrapes. It has been nice to leave "Caleb" our Monkey backpack (leash for Chase) at home when we go to the gym now as Chase has finally learned that it is safer to stay close to Mommy and hold my hand. I have yet to go to the grocery store with all of them, and I'm sure I won't even attempt it for maybe a year or so, but that is ok. My trips to the grocery store have become treasured "personal time". Today, I even made it over to the new Fresh and Easy Store that opened nearby. It is really a fun place. I recently joined a Babysitting COOP and that is working out fantastic. No hassle finding a babysitter, and I don't have to feel in debt to anyone because I'll work it off babysitting someone's kids. It has been wonderful and the kids love all the play dates. Another highlight is that Spring has arrived and I'm enjoying the new blossoms on the trees and that "fresh feeling" of things coming alive again. It has been a perfect 70 degrees with just a little wind this week so no one is complaining around here. Sometimes I even forget that it is winter in other parts of the country. (Sorry, I'll stop rubbing it in). I hope everyone is enjoying their week and looking forward to a FANTASTIC Weekend.

2 comments:

Staci Rocha said...

It is so sweet to see Sophia's milestones. She is a beautiful little girl with those brown eyes.

Good for you to venture out with the three kids and enjoy some spring weather. That sounds so nice!

And I totally agree with shopping time being personal MOMMY time. Every time i take my kids i spend more money and I tell myself I will never do it again :)

I love reading about how you all are doing! And I am so happy for you that you're enjoying every moment with your precious little baby. The baby days do not last long enough!

Take Care :)

Teddy said...

I LOVE grocery shopping by myself (and I only have one!). Chase is such a boy with his bat hotch. Crack me up:) Enjoy your warm weather and sunshine, I wish I could come out and enjoy some too!