Just a fun idea to pass along.
I've never been one to put sugar on my cold cereal, in fact I don't even own a sugar shaker "thingamagig." But sometimes, to spice things up a bit for my kids, I let them put sugar cookie sprinkles on their cereal and THEY LOVE IT!

And you know what I found out today?????..............IT was just the MAGIC we needed at our house to jumpstart a SUPER GREAT THURSDAY with the kids. Let me tell you, it has been one long week already.
After a "hair pulling" Monday, Jonathan and I agreed it was time to recapture Kaidence's dolls, except this time they were all put in timeout until this Sunday when, upon good behavior ratings, they will be released to their mother Kaidence. Chase lost all of his animals, and if that wasn't good enough currency, Kaidence's "little ponies" had to go as well. I just have to say, that Jonathan hid them so well, I can't even find them. (Maybe he was afraid I would buckle the next day while he was gone and I was having to deal with the sad tale of "no toys" to play with and Chase's constant inquiries as to "Where's freddy...the frog?", "Where's Candy Cane ...the horse?" and "What happened to etc., etc., etc.???) YES, PARENTS truly suffer along with the CONSEQUENCES of their children. :)
Thanks to my energetic son, I have had more than a few memorable and terrifying moments. If you count last week when Kaidence unbuckled the straps of Sophi's carseat and Chase came streaking into the kitchen and litterally flung Sophia out of her car seat by her toes (and dangled her like a rag doll over my tile floor) ///////////truly, I could not have grabbed her any faster than that. Since then, I just try not to think about it and pray even harder for her safety.
So..... this Monday afternoon my sneaky little Chase tried to get some starbursts out of the cookie jar and when I heard a crash down stairs I knew it would be bad. What I found was nothing short of a miracle. My porcelain Barn cookie jar was lying in the middle of my tile floor and the lid was a centimeter away from falling off the counter, both miraculously in tact next to a shattered plate and an apologetic Chase. Imagine how calm I was (NOT) as Chase went running across the kitchen floor to help me clean up. In the process, I found that it hurts pretty bad to get cut by glass, and hurts even worse to try and get glass out of your finger.
On Tuesday, Chase cut his finger on a can while attempting to help me in the kitchen. (my fault) That afternoon he burned his other hand (another attempt to help me in the kitchen). Seeing that Monday and Tuesday weren't eventful enough, we plunged into Wednesday. By afternoon, I really thought I might lose it after chasing the kids back into their room for the 50th time (not an exageration) for an hour of quiet time. Later, I found that Chase had broken a necklace Kaidence got last year for Valentine's Day and stuffed two beads up his nose. Mind you, a normal sized bead would hurt, but I'm sure the big heart-shaped one hurt even worse and that is exactly which one I had to pry out of his nose. All I can say is thank goodness for those nose suction things and prayer (I'm positive it was the praying that got the second one out.) Ok...............so weather or not it was the sugar sprinkles or just the fact that we all deserved a better day.....I think I will try my luck tomorrow and let the kids put sprinkles on there cereal again!
.JPG)
3 comments:
Oh Min! I'm so glad you are writing all this down. How do kids come up with this stuff? Good luck this weekend. I'm praying for you and me both:)
Wow, Mindi! What a week you've had. I hope yesterday went better and today even more so. I'm sure you were much more calm than I would have been with any of the events. Good Luck!
Oh Min...all I can say is I'm glad it was you and not me! LOL! (I know, some sister I am :) I just think it's awesome that you can write it all down. If it were me I'm not sure I would even want to re-live it on paper. Thanks so much for giving me a good laugh. It makes my day seem so uneventful...but I've had my share in the past...and I know there are more to come my way :O Love ya.
Hang in there and I think you should stop praying for patience!LOL.LOL.LOL!!!!
Post a Comment