A lot can happen in a month, especially while on vacation. Now that I'm back to my own computer, I'll try to recap what we have been up to with lots of pictures.
Jonathan the kids and I made our way to Burley, Idaho to spend time with the Mendoza family and to celebrate my roommate reunion with friends, Staci, Maren, Rachel and their families. We had such a fun time together watching the kids play and catching up. We attended the beautiful Twin Falls Temple Open House together. This picture of Kaidence and Chase reminds me of the song they are learning "I love to see the Temple".
We made it to Star Valley just in time to celebrate Chase's 2nd birthday. He has become such a big boy, wanting to do everything all by himself. With a large vocabulary and lots of air in his lungs he definately fits the category for a 2 year old. Parenting has become a whole new ball game for me and now I realize how different 2 kids can be. Chase often leaves me scratching my head wondering just what to do with him. Despite all the drama, he is full of love and lots of hugs. There's nothing like a big "hello" from Chase to make someone's day. We love him so much and are so glad he is part of our family.
The kids enjoyed spending lots of time with their Grandma's and Grandpas.
Highlights included lots of running and playing outside in the fresh Wyoming Air.

Kaidence mastered the art of riding her first 'hand-me-down' bike. She loves the freedom of going where ever she wants now. She is such a sweet 3 1/2 year old. We just love her and get a kick out of the things she says all the time.

Marci and her kids spent the week with us and we had so much fun watching our kids play together. Where has the time gone??? We took them to the old Afton Elementary Playground and reminisced our childhood/school days away while they played. We also took them to the Lincoln County Fair to see the rodeo and the "Doggy Olympics" that Grandpa and Grandma Wilford take charge of every year.

Memorable moments most definately include watching Grandpa Nield get rid of a skunk (the smell and memory associated with this one still lingers in my nose).
Riding Grandpa Wilford's reining horse Sham...

and Grandpa Nield's horse Bud...

For me, just being around the horses and watching my kids sit in the saddle did my country-cowgirl heart good.
And of course, where would we be without the love of Aunt Amanda's dog "Equity".

There's nothing like the love kids offer their "puppy friends".
Jonathan returned to Las Vegas early in August to start his second year of Medical School and I opted to stay out of the heat for a couple of weeks. While enjoying the fresh air and time with the kids much to my mother's excitement and surprise, I tackled some fun sewing projects and enjoyed every minute. Thanks to her expertise, patience, encouragement and help, not to mention her faith in me, I just might keep up this new hobby. Here's a few that I've completed .
7 comments:
I didn't think you would have had time to get caught up with your blog yet, but I'm so glad I checked it. I love the pictures and I'm really missing our time together. Why does it always go so quickly.
Love ya,
I missed you again! I swear. There isn't enough time in the world to get it all done. . . . . Next time . . . :) I'm glad I at least saw you in church. My beautful friends, with their beautiful families:) Miss ya!
It looks like you had a great time in Wyoming. It was fun seeing you and your cute kids. We went to St. George this last weekend and the heat made me think of what you've had to live through all summer. I'm glad you were able to get away for a few weeks.
Looks like you had a great time! I love the picture of your kids in front of the temple, so sweet! Families are the best, it's hard when we have to live so far away from them! It's good to have you back in the "blogging world"
It looks like you had so much fun. I'm so glad you guys were able to take a break from the Vegas heat and spend time together before school started again. Good luck johnathon.
It's looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Wyoming! Glad your back.
YOu've been tagged on my blog Mindi:)
Post a Comment