"We're American's Chase"
Kaidence informed her little brother
(a little conversation I overheard the other day)

July brings with it sweet remembrances of the many blessing in my life. Recently, I checked out a book from the Library for the kids and taught them the sweet words to one of our beloved patriotic songs...
Oh beautiful for spacious skies
For amber waves of grain
For purple mountains majesties
Above the fruited plain
America, America,
God Shed His Grace on Thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea...
I had the opportunity to talk to my dad on the phone the evening of the 4th of July and it was so inspiring and refreshing to hear his love of our country and his gratitude for the land in which we live. I noted with great feeling, his concern that the young people of today are not being taught patriotism and the respect and loyalty for this good nation and the principles upon which it was built. It strengthened in me a determined resolve to responsibly teach my children love and respect for our country and the freedoms whereon it was sacrificed for and the principles whereon it was founded. I do love this great country and am grateful to be American.
Some of our activities on the 4th included a fun outdoor breakfast with members of our ward family. It was hot, but the kids took it upon themselves to cool off, Chase being the first to jump in the water with his clothes on. After that, they were all set free to play.
He does look a little michevious in this picture
It was quite comical to watch Chase's diaper soak up about half of the little pool.
As far as water conservation goes, there is definately a reason why they make
"swimmer diapers" for babies.
After that, Chase had a dilemma of about 10 extra pounds
and shorts that would not compromise.
I relieved him of his diaper which created another problem...
These two pictures pretty much explain why most of us had more than a few giggles and smiles while watching him.
2 comments:
It looks like you had fun on the 4th! Those pictures of Chase are priceless. It was great to finally see you guys again yesterday.
I loved the pictures. That is too funny about Chase's diaper. Can't wait to see you in a week.
Post a Comment