Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...

What a beautiful day to reflect on the blessings of womanhood and motherhood. All women are mothers whether they rear their own children or help guide, protect, and direct the footsteps others. In my heartfelt oppinion, there is no greater fulfillment or challenge in life than the responsibility to care for and teach children. To my mother, my grandmothers, my teachers, and all who have guided and blessed my life for the better...I want to wish you a heartfelt, Happy Mother's Day!
The budding domestic side of me came out yesterday as I baked sugar cookies and put a little extra effort into decorating them. I haven't done that for a long time...and I enjoyed every bit of it. I wish I could send one to all of you, but of course, that wouldn't be practical and I'm sure they would not hold up in the heat. I guess a picture will have to do.
Some may notice a new kitchen table in the picture. Thanks to our nice tax-return and Jonathan's encouragement, we purchased our first table and chairs and said goodbye to the old one Markel gave us that she had purchased from a garage sale years ago. I absolutely love it and am pretty sure it will be with us for the rest of our lives....Jonathan and I agreed that it makes a good Mother's Day, Father's Day, both our birthdays, and 5th Anniversary present. Now that's a deal. And....(5th Anniversary is represented by Wood), so we will always remember when we got it. Not bad.....we are very spoiled and pretty much enjoying it right now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your table is beautiful. If we didn't need windows so bad, I would be out looking at tables right now. How fun. I'm so happy for you. It looks great.
The cookies are too cute to eat.
Happy Mother's Day.
Love ya,
Marci

Wendi said...

Mindi--Just linked over from my sister's blog. How fun to see what you are up to! Your table is beautiful, and love the cookie idea. Happy Mother's Day! Love, wendi

blair and maisy said...

Mmm Mmm those cookies look good. Happy mother's day! Nice table- it looks like you guys are covered for getting presents for any holidays in the near future :)

Teddy said...

I love the table too, but I really love the picture on the wall next to it the best:)

You are a beautiful thoughtful friend. Happy Mothers Day to you too!

Alicia said...

I love your table it's gorgeous. I can't wait till we get rid of our table and chairs. I'm not sure how they are still standing!

Nancy said...

Good for you guys and buying a table. It is so cute and your family will have many years to come sitting around it.

Shanna Hurd said...

Mindi,
What a great gift!! Thats what we used for our tax return to. We were using a glass table top. It wasn't the best! But Congrats on your 3rd!! Maybe twins will be on the way!!! I just read that on the high school site! Congrats!
Shanna Hurd
hurdsterfam.blogspot.com

Staci Rocha said...

Hi Mindi,

i keep on checking for a new post ;) I was thinking this morning that hopefully you are feeling O.K??

So, I noticed the comment above mine :)

????

Love ya Staci

Teddy said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you to be adding another beautiful baby to the world.