Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Friday, April 25, 2008

Remember Kick Ball?

Jonathan's "Bowling Ball" technique
Jonathan enthusiastically mentioned last night that I might be interested in bringing the kids to the park on Friday afternoon for a game of -dodge ball-. (a group of students, their spouses and the kids were all invited). "Sounds like fun," I answered. In the back of my mind, I was really thinking....dodge ball, screaming, kids getting pegged in the head, flash backs from jr.high --lets just say, Jonathan has some rough memories regarding that one--and not to mention the fact that I would probably be more worried about keeping track of the kids, than the actual game playing going on." WEll, was I ever relieved to find that what we really showed up to play today was a game of Kick Ball... and even better, we had a nice gated fence around us to keep the kids in. Seems like decades since we burned up the Afton, Elementary field and gym with that game. I remember in 5th grade getting nailed in the face with a "kick ball" (kicked by a boy, no less). The best part was that a kid I thought was cute, told me I was really tough because I didn't cry. Funny the things we remember. So here's to kick ball.

Kaidence showing off some athletic ability

The Cheering Squad!

Mommy covered third base...with a little extra help And of course the best part, was the friendships we made along the way... Kaidence and Kate

4 comments:

Maren said...

I always love reading your blogs. You tell the stories so well, I feel like I am there with you. It was fun to see you in a picture, Mindi. I know as the mom, and photographer, we hardly get in the pictures, so it was fun to see you made it in.

blair and maisy said...

That kick ball game was a lot of fun wasn't it? Xander unfortunately still got nailed in the face even though it wasn't dodge ball!

Teddy said...

Kick ball is so much fun! Dodge ball, not so much:) I hardly remember playing dodge ball, but I remember hating it when we did. What a fun day! You look so cute and tiny and tan Min!

Anonymous said...

You always capture the perfect pictures. I wish I could have been there to watch the kids play.