Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

CHRISTMAS IS HERE...

As I look out my window and see big snowflakes falling I feel an awakening in my soul.  It's that magical feeling of childhood. You see, in my heart of hearts, I'm still a little brown eyed girl with a long pig tail and rosy red cheeks playing in the snow. I can even remember what it tastes and smells like.

We have been enjoying Christmas at our home. As I've grown older I realize that there is so much more to it than just the day itself. The most important event is what happens in our hearts as the season unfolds.

Like everyone, we have had our challenges. The past year has brought great blessings and obstacles that strengthen our faith. Amidst the chaos there has been an underlying theme...the thread that holds us together and inspires hope day by day.  It is our faith in Jesus Christ and our love for one another that makes each new dawn possible.


Christmas brings with it the Hope of all that is Good in the World. Despite the weaknesses and misgivings of men, it shines for all to see and beckons the rebirth of our faith and our love for God and our fellowmen. For truly, the Prince of Peace was  found, not in a mansion, but a lowly stable. He bore all things, suffered all sorrows, and descended below all things, that He might know how to succor His own. What pain is there that cannot be swallowed up in Christ? Perhaps the challenge of the season is not fretting over what we are giving people, but accepting the love and atoning grace of God's only Begotten Son, The Greatest Gift to mankind.  It is my testimony that He Lives. Let the dear Christ Enter IN and Earth RECEIVE her King.