Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Sister's Heart...

I want to dedicate this post to those of us who are blessed to have a sister in our lives. I've been thinking a lot about the subject and was deeply touched this past week when I was blessed to have the help and company of my dear mother and her sister, my Aunt Pam.

These crafty women took on a major task when I asked them if they would help me paint the playroom in the basement. Little did they know that what I had envisioned was much more than just a bucket of paint and a roller. My list included a picket fence and some landscape behind, not to mention a life size tree. This simple paint job, or so I thought, turned into 4 days of tedious artwork. Teasingly,  they called me a "slave driver" as my expectations were quite high. I knew they could handle it and I got more than what I even imagined. In fact, I think they developed a new skill and could quite comfortably paint a countryside mural on anyone's wall. It did my heart good to see them work side by side laughing and joking with one another. I enjoyed their company and appreciated their help so much. The picket fence, by the way, is pretty amazing and all I can say is it's a good thing that I didn't attempt to do it myself. Jonathan was very impressed with their work and the kids, well they LOVE it.  I used to walk downstairs and purposefully look the other way so as not to see the gloomy playroom with it's cement floor and toys strewn all over the room. Now it is highlight of our home. Thank you Mom and Aunt Pam. You are AWESOME!






It wasn't all work, well not completely.  On Saturday we drove to the beautiful city of Nauvoo. It was a first time visit for baby Eden and Aunt Pam. Though it rained most of the day, we were refreshed by the opportunity to attend the temple, have lunch together, and see a few sights. It was a nice way to end a busy and exhausting week.



Here's to the sister's in our lives and those who share a sister heart; The kind of heart that lifts, inspires, strengthens, forgives, listens, loves, and never gives up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and am so glad that Mom and Aunt Pam were able to come see you. I'm a little envious that I haven't been there myself...but I'm coming one of these days. Love ya,