Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Abundant Life...

Today at Burger King, a well meaning lady looked at me and promised me that life would get worse when my children became teenagers and to just believe her on that one because she had 5 children in 6 years and even though it was hard when they were little, it was much easier than when they got older. I'm not sure what the future holds, but one thing is for sure, I will look back at these wonderful days of youthful parenting (Hey, I still feel so young, even though the years creep by) and be ever grateful for this abundant life. I say "abundant" because if truly there was ever a greater time in my life, I just can't compare it to what I'm living now. "Abundant" could hardly dismiss challenges and occasional bad days, but such is the journey of life. I truly believe and feel with all my heart that what I'm doing now, is the most important thing I will do. I love being a Mom. With all it's ups and downs and pity parties and gold stars and laundry, and dishes, and ironing, and cleaning, in between potty training, homework, bedtime stories, crafts, dinner, piggy back rides, play doh, and don't forget the permanent markers and hand prints on the TV and lipstick on the baby's eyelids and "i love yous" and "you're the best" and "you're the meanest Mom in the world" and "I don't like you" and "please give me one more hug" requests, lullabies, ABC's, and 123's. I could go on and on.
My children are teaching me what life is all about. Each day brings a simple awareness that if I blink too much, I will miss out on the most grand adventures. This week, I appreciated watching my children make snow angels for the first time. Chase, as mentioned in the previous post, faithfully wore his pj's backward all week and slept with a large, cold spoon under his pillow to keep the snow coming. I am intrigued by his questions and his intent to make it to the north pole. I promised him I'd find out exactly how long it would take to get there from our house and I'm having a hard time pinning that one down. :)
Children are so full of life and questions and mischief and love. It's catching.... They are truly beautiful and divine, especially when they are asleep.
This week, when Sophia and Kian snuck out of the bathtub in search of more toys, I captured a silly memory of them running "buck naked" through the house, wet foot prints and trails of water behind them and down the stairs to the play room and back up again to the bathtub. In stead of scolding them like I was inclined to do, I absorbed the moment and truly enjoyed it. They are so cute. Kaidence is always pulling at my heart strings by the thoughtful things she does and says. She is so tenderhearted and kind, leaving notes to tell people how much they mean to her. She has become such a great reader and I enjoy listening to her read to Sophia and Kian. I love the bond I see growing between my children, even though they have their moments, I know they love each other.
I love these precious children.
Tonight, I just had to take a picture of the 3 white shirts I ironed for church tomorrow. How I love that Man and our boys who will become men someday.
Thank you Heavenly Father, for leading and blessing me with an abundant life, and helping me to see the blessings of our daily bread.

No comments: