Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Festivities

It seems that Halloween is one of those holidays that is celebrated for days with trunk or treats, church parties and school parties. We were almost exhausted when the real day finally arrived.
The kids woke up to a ghostly breakfast that Kaidence helped me prepare. It was a hit. I didn't know raisins could taste so good in pancakes.
Sophia and Kian had a fun time trick or treating at the clinic daddy works at. After that they pretty much assumed that they could walk up to anyone and get candy. Sophia was really big on saying thank you, however; Kian would skip right to the "Can you open this????" as soon as someone handed him a treat. It was really funny!
I spent the rest of the afternoon attending Kaidence and Chase's Halloween School parade and running back and forth from their class parties.
By the time evening rolled around the kids decided they didn't want to get dressed up again, that was until the door rang and trick or treaters were coming to our house. We made it around our little neighborhood and they had a blast. We had more Halloween guests than ever.
So, like everyone else, I have a huge garbage bag of candy on top of my fridge and lots of bribes for chores and homework rewards. :) Gotta love Halloween!

4 comments:

Teddy said...

I love your Halloween post. What fun you had with your darling family. And I love that you dressed up, the hair reminded me of our youth!

Allison said...

Everyone looks so cute! Glad you had a good Halloween :) Love ya!

Nanette said...

Sounds exhasting! You all look so good. I've never been good at dressing up, so I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to looking at your Halloween post. You all looked awesome and I agree...by the time the real day comes around we are almost too tired to get dressed up again. LOL!