Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What do we do when Kaidence and Chase are in school?

I assumed that my world would slow down a little when Kaidence and Chase started school but I guess I didn't realize how much entertainment and free babysitting occurred when they were home. You never have to worry too much about little ones when the older ones are narrating everything they do. I must admit that Sophia and Kian are just as much or even more mischievous than Kaidence and Chase were. They sure keep me on my toes.
I have found Sophia to be a wonderful helper. She wants to do everything I do and sometimes that works out pretty nicely. We have started a new routine of going for walks in the morning with Quincy. I tie him to the stroller and Sophia holds the leash. She thinks she's in control, but luckily we have the stroller to hold him down. It has been just beautiful outside and I love the fresh morning air. It brings a sense of calmness to the start of our day. Kian has gotten used to the idea that Sophia is keeping a careful eye on him. He loves to tease her though and it is pretty funny to watch.
We all look forward to seeing Daddy when he comes home. His schedule varies so much, but whenever he walks through the door the kids run and shout and give him lots of hugs and attention. Kian especially likes sharing Daddy's dinner. He just climbs up there and hums for every bite. Daddy is pretty nice to share.
Sophia likes to cook and though it makes me a little nervous, she loves everything about the kitchen. I guess that is how you learn.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Mindi, I love your blogs, you don't seem soooo far away when I can see pictures of my adorable grandchildren!!

Allison said...

Mindi, the last comment was from Mom, I do love your blogs too....so I can see pictures of my adorable nieces and nephews ;)

Nanette said...

It is so fun to watch your children grow up - some of which I have never seen in person. What a cute family!