Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Valentine's Day. :)
I guess a lot has happened since Sophia's Birthday. I've been away from my blog so longthat I'm shocked at how I ever found the time to keep up with it. Some days are like that...a bit overwhelming.
This year I made a resolution to keep my focus on the important things, and prioritize accordingly. I've spent a lot of time in my life making lists, trying to be organized and accomplish all I can each day, but I'm learning that "LIFE Happens" regardless of the lists we make, and so I'm trying to "live" and not miss out on those important things. It is a work in progress, but I know I will benefit from this goal. When Sophia was born, a wise friend told me, "Wherever you are, BE THERE." Isn't it amazing how we can be somewhere in body, but not in mind. I struggle with this. I'm a multi-tasker and thank goodness for that, but sometimes this wonderful skill gets in the way. I find that I need to slow down, let go of some things I am doing and look at my children and even my husband in the eyes and focus on what they are saying and really be there.
So what have I been up too? In October, Jonathan had several interviews for residency programs. While he was away I learned to manage our home and our 4 busy children in preparation for the 5 long weeks he would be gone during November and the first week of December. He completed rotations in Quincy, Illionois, and Marquette, Michigan to narrow down his search for a residency program. He enjoyed his time at each place, but fell in love with the program and people in Illionois.
It was a joyous reunion when we picked Jonathan up at the airport. I'm so grateful for the wonderful husband and support he is to me. Being apart, makes you realize how much you need one another.
My loving Grandma West passed away in December and we loaded up our kids and made the trek home to Star Valley for her funeral. It was a beautiful tribute of her life, and I often find myself pondering on what she contributed and the legacy she has given me. I miss her so much and I keep her voice alive in my heart, remembering her love for me and what she would say if we could visit. We were blessed to be "home" for Christmas, surrounded by all the ones we love.
Kaidence celebrated her 6th Birthday on January 2nd and we enjoyed having Aunt Alli here to visit and celebrate with us. Since then, time seems to be speeding up and winding down for us at the same time. It is hard to believe we have been in Vegas for over 5 years now.
On Monday, we officially find out where our journey will take us for the next 3 years.
We are excited to move forward, but every day I find a reason to miss this place. "Vegas" of all places, is not the place I thought I would fall in love with, and then again, it's not really the place, but the people and experiences that we've had here that make it hard to leave behind. When these sentiments tug at my heart, I try to make room for gratitude at the blessings and wonderful times we have shared here.
So I'm starting again today, to share our journey.
Thank you to all for your love and support, your friendship and the goodness of your lives.
Here are a few highlights from the past month:
5 comments:
You have had so much going on! You have always been amazing and I know you children will one day appreciate everything you do. When will you be leaving Vegas. I might be up there in March with nothing to do. Brady has a conference and would prefer me to be there at night due to the company he will be with. I want to wish you the best with all your huge decisions and changes ahead.
Hey Nanette,
I would absolutely love it if we could get together. Let me know the date of your trip. Yeah! That would be fun to visit with you.
I love the update. It's so great to hear all the amazing things you are doing with your life and family and time. :-)
I love the update Min. I'm so glad for all the memories our family has shared with yours in Vegas together. I look forward to the new adventures you'll have somewhere else, and OF COURSE...I can't wait to visit.
Looking forward to reading more posts...and visiting you in IL!
I helped you unload the trailer when you first moved here and I can help send you packing as well!
Post a Comment