Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Smell the Rain

I have always loved that familiar smell...and the beauty of rain clouds. Rain is a special treat here in Las Vegas, though, the smell is a bit different...more concrete and less "fresh". On our way to the store Kaidence asked me all kinds of questions about the clouds in the sky and what it would be like to stand on one, and even eat one. I told her I had no idea but liked to think it would taste like cotton candy. :) She seemed content with that. By the time we got out of Walmart, it was pouring rain and it was almost comical to watch the kids' reaction as we walked to our car. They were ecstatic! Kaidence was lost in deep thought and looking up at the sky yelling "Rain, Rain, It's Raining" and I was yelling, "Hurry up!" "Get moving!" "You can't stand in the middle of the road." SIDE NOTE: When Kaidence notices something, the world stands still....at least her world does. I'm struggling to get a grip on that. When we were finally safe in our car, Kaidence begged me to let her play in the rain when we got home. I said OK, and she was thrilled and thanked me all the way to our house. We got our groceries in the door and then I watched them dance around and get all sticky and wet. They loved it, and I enjoyed watching them. Sophia even joined in on the fun. The forecast is calling for more rain this weekend. Yeah! Simple pleasures create the best memories!

1 comment:

Maren said...

Isn't it great to have kids to help us remember the simple pleasures in life? Happy Birthday to Kaidence- the party looked like a lot of fun. I'm sure Kadience was loving the time with you that evening putting on makeup- what a great day.