Kaidence has been anticipating this day for a long............. time. I realized just how "ready" she was to leave my little "Mommy school" nest when she inquired several times last week if I was really going to drive away and leave her at Miss Lesly's Preschool. :) To say she was overjoyed puts it lightly. What do you do with a 4 year old who wants to be 10?. :) (I'm hanging on for dear life and hoping these next few years don't go as fast as people tell me they will.
Today was the Big Day. September 1st. Perfect day to start school. Kaidence woke up with butterflies in her tummy. She was a little bit grumpy too, and deep down maybe that was a blessing because I was thinking... humph, maybe it won't be that hard to take my darling and drop her off. Well, when I finally asked her what was the matter, she climbed onto my lap and said, "I'm going to miss you." Ok, so I didn't get teary then, but now I have a lump in my throat writing about it. I know, I know. It's only pre-school, but hey, I'm not used to these separations. I hugged Kaidence a little longer than usual and then we were off to the races getting everyone ready to head out the door. I thought we were right on schedule when we pulled up to Miss Lesly's Pre-school at 9:20 a.m. (10 minutes early is always good, right?) Well, much to my surprise we were late and everyone had arrived. School starts at 9:00 a.m. OH>>>>>what to do...my child's first day...and I made her late....is she scared for life????? (I'm sure not, but that's what a mother is thinking when she drives away...) Really, what made my heart a little bit teary was to see Chase's face. He was really sad to see his playmate take off to new adventures, left behind and strapped in a car-seat. Well, I made it up to him and now it is "mommy school for Chase" He gets all my attention from coloring, games, you name it, we played for almost 2 hours while Sophia slept until it was time to pick up Kaidence.
I did arrive on time and Kaidence was beaming. Come to find out, she didn't miss me too much after all... sigh.....(I'm really happy that she is ready for this transition and I'm excited to hear all her stories and adventures)... deep down...there's another part of me that wants to be there and watch her and see the expressions on her face, and hear her laughter and just see it all unfold in her eyes. But, I guess that is the hardest part about being a mother, sometimes you have to let go.....
School Days...you never forget that feeling and that excitement...
Happy First Day of Preschool Kaidence!!!!
2 comments:
Even though Kaidence is so grown up (for her age LOL) it's hard to believe she's in pre-school. It is a fun transition though. She looks so cute. I'm glad she had a great first day.
It's okay, Mindi, she won't ever remember she was late, she'll just remember how much fun she had. She does seem grown up.
Post a Comment