Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Morning from the Wilford Family

Good morning at our house means waking up to to Kaidence poking me in the ribs and saying, "Mom", "Mom" it's time to wake up. "Come downstairs with me". She is the early bird in the morning ready to conquer the day. She used to wake up at 6:30, but luckily for me, she's been sleeping in until almost 7 a.m. She's usually the first one dressed and primping her hair in the bathroom. What a girl. She keeps me on my toes. :)
The first thing that Chase says in the morning is "I want some MILLLLK"...but we're working on that. He loves to give me a big hug and that is a great way to start off my day. Chase spent a good part of his dreams running from tigers last night and woke up exhausted with circles under his eyes. Poor little guy. As I've mentioned before, Chase gives me a run for my money every day. Who needs exercise with him around. I just love him, and Grandma Lori reminds me that I wouldn't want him any other way. Seems like I remember somebody telling her the same thing about Jonathan when he was a little boy.
Here, Chase is wearing his favorite outfit: Wranglers and the western shirt Remington handed down to him. He is "all cowboy" forced to live in the city of Vegas. Just goes to show you can't take country out of a kid, no matter where you live. I love it. :)
Sophia, well she is all smiles in the morning. Cooing and enjoying the new sounds her little tongue can make. She is pure joy in our family and a real trooper when it comes to tough love. She is just smothered in love sometimes.
Recently, I've changed up our morning routine to include the most important part of our day first, and that is Book of Mormon stories. I've been fascinated at how quickly Kaidence and Chase have learned the stories and how inquisitive they are. It has been a great opportunity for me and I've loved it just as much as they have. Funny story that happened a while back. Kaidence was having a bad day and informed me that she didn't want to be like Nephi anymore and she felt like Laman and Lemuel. I guess that one blew up in my face. But, in reality, I guess we all have those days when we feel like Laman and Lemuel. Right now we are reading about Alma and Amulek. Chase is fascinated by the angels that visited Alma the younger and he loves to review the story of how Sherem was "struck down" for being wicked. He is very animated when it comes to those parts. :) Kaidence, on the other hand is very sensitive and distraught when the righteous are persecuted and suffer. It is hard somtimes to explain why people make such bad choices. I love the Book of Mormon. It is the best teaching tool, along with singing the primary songs. Good morning for me means I get to enjoy the blessing of being home with my children and watching them grow and learn. I love doing crafts and playing school with them and discovering childhood again through their eyes. I just can't imagine a day without little kids around me. I mentioned to Jonathan that after they go to school, I'm going to have to start a preschool or something. (He thinks I'll probably learn to enjoy some quiet time.) We'll see....Most days I admit are completely exhausting, but at the end of the day, when giggles, laughter, and of course the yelling and teasing have turned to quiet sighs and the sounds of my little angels dreaming... that is when I'm completely humbled and convinced that I would have it no other way. I am blessed. Good morning for Jonathan the last few weeks has meant rising way before the sun comes up and heading off to school to exercise and study. He has really worked hard and I'm so proud of him. Besides studying his brains out, he has been participating in the "Biggest Loser" contest at school, eating oatmeal every morning and counting weight watcher points. To his credit, he has reduced his cholesterol, dropped almost 20 pounds and feels energized (well at least a little more than usual). I don't know how he keeps up, but on second thought....I know it is because he has been very blessed by a loving Heavenly Father and the prayers of all of you. Wow! We've almost made it through this 2nd year. He is so diligent and determined. I know it hasn't been easy, but he has perservered. Good Morning to each of you and wishes for a beautiful week. Lots of love, The Wilford Family

3 comments:

Teddy said...

Once again my sweet friends are setting the example for me. I love your morning routine. I need to make mine far more like it . . . but I can't think about that today, I'll have to think about that tomorrow;) Kudos to Jonathan with his wins and losses:) It's no small feat.

Unknown said...

What a busy morning! I don't know how you make it through the rest of the day. Harrison is the early riser at our house, but (for now) he can't poke me in the ribs b/c he's still in a crib.

Kudos on the scripture study in the morning. I noticed that little gem last fall when Ray was out of town for 8 weeks. The kids got so much more out of it when we read in the morning rather than at bedtime.

As always, your kids are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love the "Laman and Lemuel" statement. She is just too funny!
You are an awesome mommy and do so many wonderful things. Your kids are sooooooo lucky.