"While we are trying to teach our children
all about life,
our children teach us what life is all about."
--Angela Schwindt--
Today I was holding Kaidence and enjoying a little quiet time when she looked at me very seriously and asked "Where did you get me?" I inquired a little more into her question and she said, "How did I get to our house?" I decided a simple explanation would be the easiest way to start and told her that Mommy and Daddy really wanted a baby and so we prayed and prayed and Heavenly Father sent her to us. She seemed happy with that and I added, "Why do you think Heavenly Father sent you to us?" She said, "Because He loves me." It was one of those moments my heart captured and promised never to forget. I told her that I knew Heavenly Father loved us because He sent her to us. She said, "I like Heavenly Father, He loves me a lot, and I love him too." How we love our sweet little Kaidence. She is such a beautiful blessing in our lives. It amazes me everyday how much these sweet children teach us. And, as much as Kaidence and Chase need us to guide them and protect them, oh how we need them to teach us and help us to become who we want to be.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, that has got to be the sweetest moment. I'm so glad we are able to have children that can teach us so much.
How sweet! It is amazing how much they can learn and in such a short time. I am the nursery chorister in our ward and when I started teaching "I am a child of God" in January, none of the kids knew that song. Well, 3 months later they all know it and I will find Reese singing it all by herself. I can't believe that she knows all of the words.
That is sweet. Did you write it down in a journal? I'm sure you will treasure that moment forever.
I love moments like that. It just can't get any better. Then it does:)
Post a Comment