Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's in a Name!

Here's to 8 of many things that make Chase a pretty cool kid.
1) I've decided that there really is a lot in a name, and well the name Chase, fits our baby boy perfectly. His full name is Jonathan Chase, (Chase Jonathan) just didn't seem right, and we had decided from the beginning we'd just call him Chase. Lets just say he is always on the run and I have a hard time keeping up with him.
2) CHASE is everything I hoped for in a baby boy and more. If his delicious brown eyes can't win you over than he'll hook you around the neck, pin you to the floor and hug you till you just can't breath. Aunt Markel descibes him perfectly. He's just a sweet, cuddly bear cub and (I'll add) with a touch of good, mostly friendly mischief and tease written all over his face. How I love this precious baby boy. It's hard to believe and almost down right unfair that my baby is growing up so quickly, almost 19 months now.
3) Daddy was concerned when Chase only measured in at 19 inches at birth. But since that day he has completely made up for it and is one of the big boys. (30 pounds and 34 inches)
People are always asking me how old he is and shocked that he is so tall. Of course they say, he must get it from his dad (but hey, I was the tallest girl in kindergarten, and well I guess after that my tall genes failed me).
4) Chase loves balls. After watching him make several attempts to steal the basketballs from the big kids on the court, the footballs out on the field and any other ball in sight at the park, I decided it was time he had his very own. Chase is mesmerized by the game of basketball and makes a great team player (he bounces it to me and I try to make a basket). I look forward to more adventures on the court with this one.
4) Chase is a "Mama's Boy"and Jonathan gets after me for always holding him. When he was first born it was a survival mechanism (lets just say, Kaidence was a little jelous and I had good reason to worry for his safety) so he was attached to my arm. Since then, he's become an appendage (just kidding, I'm not that bad), but he is great for my biceps. :)

5) Chase is the most agreeable baby. Just the other day I realized an amazing fact. Chase does not say no. It isn't really in his vocabulary. Can you believe it? Isn't that the word we cringe to hear and one that most babies learn right off? (Now I take no credit for this, and I promise I do tell my children no, but for some peculiar reason Chase takes to saying yes over no.) I'm always asking my children questions and giving them choices. Maybe I just ask the right questions, but Chase always gives a definate "Yes". It started out with a big nod and when he learned to talk he converted to the definate YESSSSSSS. I love it. Mind you he does shake his head when he is not happy or feeling a little defiant. :)

6) Chase loves his sister K' K'. He is the shadow behind her every move. He does torment her at times and knows just the right buttons to push (namely overstepping the boundaries with her dolls). He's got the little brother role down and has lots of drama to go along with it when he feels he is being picked on.

7) Chase is a natural at just about anything he wants to do. He picked up the art of walking in Kaidence's princess heals and holding a purse better than I do. .

8) Chase is a book worm. I'm convinced this is the only time he is quiet. When I can't find him, I know just where to look. (He'll be sitting by the book case, thumbing through everything with a very studious and serious look.) We have a lot of fun singing, reading and just being silly. He is very animated, has great lung capacity, and enjoys lots of attention (I'm sure he gets it from his Dad).

I could go on and on, you know how moms are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the Shades Chase! He is just like a cuddly bear-cub. What a cutie.

Teddy said...

I just posted to Marci that I just love you girls. I didn't realize how much I missed our friendship. I got all wrapped up in Del that I had forgotten, but it has been so good for my soul to keep in closer touch with you. Thanks for playing Tag.