With the recent passing of dearly loved and influential people in my life, I have reflected more and more on living with purpose. In a real sense, I've learned that what happens to one, affects us all. I have never felt such an ache in my heart as I have the last few weeks for the women in Star Valley whose husbands died in the avalanche and another soon after whose young husband died suddenly. In the face of such a harsh reality, my heart is softened by the courage and faith of these women. Their faith and commitment to a loving Father in Heaven, that gives them strength to take the grieving by the hand and offer "peace", that peace which transcends the resounding questions of "why?" replaced with "thy will be done."
In an effort to go forward, I thank my Father in Heaven for the gift of memories and the powerful influence of life. I pray for the gift of remembrance and the ability to fulfill my life's purpose.
3 comments:
Thanks for the inspiration Mindi. It really makes you stop and reflect on what is most important in your life when someone passes on.
Marci
O' Mindi, You worded your thoughts and feelings perfectly. I am so glad you started a blog. It has been an uplifting experience to read your words and see pictures of your beautiful family. I was thinking about similiar things this morning!
Love, Staci
Thanks Mindi. I needed this today:) I'm working on replacing fear with gratitude right now. It's a tall order.
I can totally believe you miss the snow, it would make me sad, but I sure could use some warm sunshine by the time Feb rolls around:)
Post a Comment