Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's been one of those weeks

I feel a little bit tired from a busy, hectic week. It sure makes the time fly bye, but a long nap is calling my name.  I think my body goes into hibernation with the time change.  When it gets dark, it just seems natural to want to close my eyes and call it a day.  The real dilemma is making the decision to enjoy the peace and quiet with my eyes open or closed.  Some times I pick the former and have recently stayed up a little too late scrapbooking and reading.  There is just too much life to live and not enough hours in the day. It is a blessing to feel this way and I am truly thankful for the gift of health and strength to be a mother, though some days I would like to sell my children to the circus. (They would probably enjoy a day or two away from me too.)
 Eden is starting to sleep better, but I still wake for a midnight snack and a quick look at the news or a conference talk.  Sometimes I even throw a load of laundry in the washer to get a head start on the next day.  But laundry is just one of those things…I need to learn to like it I guess, because it sure likes me. :)

We got our flu shots this week. It was a monumental moment for Kaidence. She had been asking about it for several days and was determined to be brave. She even volunteered to go first and show her siblings how tough she is.  I was truly impressed. She didn't even flinch.  (That says a lot for the girl who had to be held down by everyone in the office a few years ago in order to receive her immunizations.) Go Kaidence! Her week came to a screeching halt on Thursday when she fell really hard on her ankle and was just sure it was broken. Supposedly, she heard a loud pop and was in a lot of pain.  I ended up taking her in for an x-ray that confirmed no broken bones, but a possible pulled tendon or muscle.  She is on the mend.
Sweet little Eden has been battling a rough cold that turned out to be the croup.  It has been awful. It was a late night last night when I finally decided to take her in to the ER. She was really struggling and wheezy and after a few walks in the cold air outside and no improvement, Jonathan recommended she be seen. Conveniently, he was on call and there to greet us when we got to the hospital.  A breathing treatment, steroid and a little vomiting later, she was feeling better and they were able to send us home. By then it was almost 4 a.m., but I caught a couple of hours of sleep.
Wish me a nap this week. I think I'm going to need it. :)

No comments: