Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chase and his Collections...

Chase is a collector and recently he's been stashing his treasures under the bush in front of our house. It is the home to many dried palm leaves, rocks, branches, run over pine cones, and many other "creative" works of art. He is fascinated by nature around him.
Chase is also full of charm, collecting flowers for his Mom and sisters on our walks. The flowering crab trees are in bloom here and he thinks they are the most beautiful things. Chase is quick to compliment people and his primary teacher recently told me how sweet and sincere he is when he tells the girls that their dresses are "so pretty."
Along with his collections, Chase loves to explore the world beneath dirt.
Imagine my surprise when I picked him up at preschool the other day holding a gingerbread boy in one hand and a cup with a worm in it in the other. (Chase is in a preschool class of 7 boys). Bless Miss Lesly's heart. She has a lot of patience and love for these rambunctious boys.
Well, Chase didn't wait long to create a home for his worm. He and Kaidence improvised by dragging a bin from the bedroom and dumping the dirt from one of my flower pots into it. I'm not sure if the worm liked it, but they kept a watchful vigil and were disappointed when the worm disappeared.
Chase started a reading series and just hit book # 20. He loves learning and especially loves animals. He loves the show "Wild Krats" and is teaching me so much about the creatures around us. The other day he said, "Mom, did you know that caterpillars eat milk weed?" He also loves to draw and color. He told Jonathan the other day, "Dad, there is something you don't know about me...I'm and artist."
I love my Chase. I would be lost without him and very bored. He keeps me on my toes. I'm proud of him and so grateful for the wonderful, loving, helpful, mischievious, and determined son he is.

No comments: