Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sophia's First Date

When our children look back on their childhoods, I'm sure they will remember the special "daddy dates" they had. It is something they talk about all month long, and a cherished tradition Jonathan started almost 2 years ago. As busy and as hectic as Jon's schedule is, I'm so grateful he takes the time to create these special and individual memories with the kids. So it is, that if anyone ask our girls who took them out on their first date, they will surely answer... my Dad. :)
Last week Sophia celebrated her 18 month milestone and Jonathan decided it was time to take his little Sophi out on a date. They went to the park, and Jonathan even managed to get a "knee burn" trying to go down the kid's slide with her. :) They played for quite a while, and I'm sure Sophia reveled in the individual attention she was getting. They didn't have the chance to go to the puppy store as is tradition with Kaidence and Chase, but she was in luck at Dairy Queen when a golden retriever puppy came inside and had a hay day licking her face. This girl loves (did I say LOVES) puppies and is not one bit afraid of all the jumping and licking they like to do. She was in heaven. After sharing a delicious banana split with her daddy she came home all smiles. Happy First Daddy Date Sophia and Happy 18 months old.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

I love your traditions!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky girl. I'm glad you got a picture of them together. Brooklyn loves to go places with Eloy...even if it's only a quick trip to the store or to run an errand. She loves to tell me by and act so grown up! It's so cute.

Maren said...

That is so fun, what a good dad he is. We've talked about doing this, but never seem to get it on the calendar. Do you have a special way you make sure to get all the kids in? I've heard someone say they do it on the day of the month the child was born. I'm just looking for good ideas. Thanks!