Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Friday, May 8, 2009

Our Daddy turned 30!

Jonathan celebrated the BIG 30 yesterday and the future Doc informed me that his body will now take a slight turn and start heading down hill from here on out. Kind of depressing huh? Especially since I'll be turning 30 in a few months too. Oh well! We feel young and our minds are pretty sharp, if you exclude sleep deprivation, and over exhausting children. :) :)
First things First, we enjoyed a family breakfast using "Betty Crocker's recipe for Strawberry Chocolate Chip Belgian Waffles" They were delicious and Daddy blew out a few candles before heading off to school.
The kids were soooooooooooo excited for the rest of the day. They made homemade cards and helped wrap his present. They had been asking him for days if he was excited for his surprise. Then, like kids will do, they told him exactly what it was. :) It was pretty funny. Daddy got a wallet (a pretty nice Fossil one) and some dress shirts and slacks for his rotations starting up in July.
Later in the afternoon, we had a nice BBQ and visit with our friends Carmen and Jamar.
It was a nice day, but most of all, it was nice to be together to celebrate my wonderful husband, a wonderful Daddy, and a remarkable, honorable man.
We love you Jonathan! Happy Birthday!!!
Your Clan,
Mindi, Kaidence, Chase, and Sophia

4 comments:

Melle said...

Happy 30th Birthday Jon!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day together.
Is 30 really that bad? Yikes!

Maren said...

Happy Birthday!!! I know I've been dreading 30 for awhile now. I used to think 40 was tough, but from what I've heard, 30 is hard. Oh well, I guess we just have to embrace it and move forward. At least we can all do it together!!!

Teddy said...

What a great Birthday!