Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Monday, September 8, 2008

Just for Laughs

Medical school brings with it a whole panarama of interesting subjects at our house. Lately, Jonathan is preocupied with diseases, diagnosing them, and explaining the process and development of the pharmaceutical world of drugs. I'm thouroughly impressed with his ability to explain things (of course, how do I know if he's right? :) He says I make him feel smart. (I try to be a good listener :) Nodding my head like I know what he's talking about helps. But, sometimes I surprise him with what I've picked up along the way.
Anyhow, with respect to vocabulary and proper terms, Jonathan felt it necessary to expain to Kaidence that instead of saying "I have to Pee", it would be better to say "Urinate". So in commencing to teach our 3 1/2 year old this proper term, they had a battle of Pronouns.
Jonathan would say "Urinate" and Kaidence would say, "I'm innate".
No...."urniate" he said. "That is what it is called" . "OK Daddy, I'm "innate."
So, I think instead of confusing this smart little girl, we'll just call it pee for now.
Hey, Jonathan and I thought it was funny. Hope you do too!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a dad!!! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall...but then I can just picture it all too well myself. Funny girl. I can just picture Kaidence's cute little expressions.

Maren said...

That is so funny. My brother-in-law is a doctor and they too decided that they should call it by the correct word. My kids wondered what it meant at first, but now understand. I'm sure with time, Kaidence will learn!

Teddy said...

Funnyfunnyfunny!

Heather S. said...

I think it's funny you decided to try and use the proper terminology. Even still I hear most adults refer to it as pee still. Too funny!