Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Break 2008

One of the nice things about still being in school is we get to celebrate the much longed for Spring Break. Unlike some of our school friends who traveled to Mexico and California to see the sun, we packed up our winter clothes and headed north for home, stopping first at Hotel Marquelle (and Blaze). They always put us up for the night on our trips back and forth. Markel got us tickets for an Easter event at Thanksgiving Point and we had a good time watching our kids play and wrestle with their cousins (Blaze and Parker). My vision of the Easter Egg Hunt was not quite what I expected as our dear little Kaidence jumped out onto the field before the buzzer and was called a "CHEATER" over the loud microphone. (but I must say those extra 3 seconds she had up on everyone really paid off as she only got three eggs.) Yes, I think family egg hunts are safer. Chase was screaming as crazy parents charged over the top of him. One kind participant offered Chase a few eggs, (since ofcourse he didn't get any). Crazy, but memorable. The ride in the cow cars was the highlight of the day. At home, we met a lot of snow. It looked like Fondue icing had been poured all over the mountains. Breathtaking and beautiful. We stopped at the south end of the valley to take a few pictures. Kaidence and Chase had so much fun staying with Grandpa and Grandma Wilford. They got to see one of their favorite aunts Amanda (also home on Spring Break). Ofcourse, Equity the dog gets an extra dose of love when the grandkids come home. We enjoyed Mom's wonderful cooking and Kaidence got to try her hand at bread. She loves to be in the kitchen with Grandma. We spent a few days with Grandpa Nield and he was so thrilled to hear Chase proclaim, "I'm a Cowboy." So Grandpa put he and Kaidence to work on the tractor feeding "the guys". They also got a good dose of snow and adventure on the sled behind the 4-wheeler. We also met our precious nephew/cousin Jack William Nield. What a cutie. I just couldn't believe how small he was. Aunt Judi and Uncle Blake spoiled the kids with Easter Treats. They are always so thoughtful. We hit the road again and headed for Rexburg, Idaho where Jonathan and I reminisced our "Rick College" days and attended a session at the beautiful new Temple overlooking campus. Ethan met us on his way home and we enjoyed spending some time with him and some friends that moved there from Vegas. Next, we stayed at a hotel in Idaho Falls for the first time with the kids. They loved jumping on the bed. It was definately not our best nights sleep. We coninued on to McCammon, Idaho to see my cousin Tomi and then finally made it to our destined Burley, Idaho to see Marci and Eloy's family and meet our precious neice/cousin Brooklyn Elizabeth Mendoza. What a head of hair she has and truly beautiful. She was exceptionally tiny. (ofcourse, I'm comparing every baby to my own and Chase is over 30 pounds). We had a nice visit with them and Mom. Kaidence was truly torn to leave her best friend Ember. She was sad the whole way home. I wish we lived closer. (Maybe someday). One of our lasts stops was in Ogden to see Allison. She is so grown up and enjoying college life. We are so proud of her and her hard work. We made it back to Markel and Blazes for one more night just in time for Chase to fall down the stairs during the night and leave a dent in her wall. (He was doing pretty good until the last couple of stairs). I'm so glad he is ok as he seemed to have mastered the "trip and roll" method throughout our vacation at grandmas, Marci's and Markels. All in All, we had a splendid 1500 mile roundtrip Spreak Break and are glad to be back home where it is really spring (no offense, Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah). Thank you to all who made our vacation spectacular. We love you!!!

5 comments:

Heather S. said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. Too bad Logan wasn't in your destinations. You could have come and stayed with us.

Teddy said...

You are brave traveling that far with your munchkins. I'm sad to have missed you again. Send some spring our way please:)

Staci Rocha said...

What a busy vacation! I love Chase's big brown eyes! SO CUTE!

Melle said...

Hello,
It was great to see you all. Tell Jon thanks for hanging my curtains perhaps, he can repair the hole in my wall next time thru. (Just kiddin...it reminds me of little Chase everytime I see it:)
Squeeze the kids for me.

Nancy said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a fun vacation and got to meet so many new cousins! But, I am a little jealous that you got to go back to the nice warm weather.