Our Journey

Our Journey
Est. June 28th, 2003

Thursday, January 24, 2008

"My Daddy's going to be a Doctor"

Medical school is a great institution of learning. As an observer, I can testify to the rigorous schedule and demanding brain capacity required to be one of these courageous men and women. On the sidelines, that being the wife of a medical student, I can honestly say that I too am living and breathing the excitement, drama and down right nitty gritty of this worthy goal. Some highlights of this education include: 1) becoming intimately familiar with the lingering smell of formaldehyde. 2) realizing that my husband spends more time with dead people than me 3) learning to communicate via Instant Messaging during boring lectures 4) playing the role of a good patient for all kinds of ailments 5) enduring "briefings" on my hormone cycle 6) holding my breath and my stomach during detailed anatomy lab excavations (not always a good idea when it is dinner time). 7) and as of late, knowing that what my husband really checked out from the library is a skull (the kids really got a kick out of that one.) I could go on and on, but lest you be inclined to think I am complaining, I want to tell you that this is the best and most memorable time of our lives. I'm grateful for the journey and appreciate all the love and support we have received from our family and friends. No doubt, Jonathan will make one fabulous physician, and hopefully I'll become the patient and supportive wife that I'm training to be. It's a team effort and all persons included, Kaidence and Chase make up quite the cheering squad.

4 comments:

Rebecca Clack said...

Jonathan will be an excellent physician for many academic reasons, but the thing that will make his an exceptional physician is his capacity for compassion. He's always had that,and I know he'll be able to handle the balance between the head and heart well. On our daily noon walks at SVJH, he could "see" and "perceive" things way beyond his years. They can't teach that in med school. He was born with that level of compassion. Go for it, Jonathan! I'm so proud of you!

Heather S. said...

I assume you won't be affected by the fire, but I'm thinking about you guys as I'm watching the coverage on the news.

Staci Rocha said...

Mindi you always find the good side of everything! I love your comments. Your Husband will be blessed for continuing his education. He has set the Goal, and with the two of you together your Dreams will come true. I am so happy for you. Jonathan you will be a Great Doctor!

Allison said...

That is such a wonderful blog! I loved the pictures and I love being able to keep updated with all you guys are up to. I love you guys!!